Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Double your money and make it stack

School was cancelled. I was reading the newspaper at work yesterday and there was an article in the Wall Street Journal about married couples that have been together for 50+ years. The interviewer was asking them to list things that they deem crucial for a loving, lasting marriage. I thought this was interesting since about a month ago I remember having a conversation with John about this. His parents have been married for a long time and well mine, have not (like much of the popluation). It was interesting to see what people learn about marriage when they grow up around it, and how little I really know about it since I never really was exposed. Here's the link to the article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703615904575053161639498630.html


I also just realized I've never put any of John's art here on my blog. Well, in honor of honoring my valentine for this weekend's holiday. Here is only some of it. My favorite painting of his was sold in the fall and I'm sad I don't get to stare at it anymore. No, I lied, my favorite painting of his is the one he gave me when we'd only known eachother for a few weeks and which he gave to me when I returned home from Scotland. It's hanging above my bed, it's all mine with a lil baby cardinal in it.



some of his arts:


That's from a series where he painted pretty much every kind of cigarette pack






He's gonna totally hate me for doing this

http://westcollection.org/index.php/artist/index/4910/

No comments: