Tuesday, April 7, 2009

DREAMS COME TRUE

No one will understand how amazing this moment is for me right now but I'm gonna talk about it anyway...

My independent study has statistically significant results. In the psychology world, this means that my hypothesis was reflected in the results, that my work can be published, that I successfully designed, wrote, and performed an independent psychological study as an UNDERGRAD and MOST IMPORTANTLY, it reflected that just because people are in jail, the part of the population that I sampled thinks this: that the person in jail is less deserving of help when attacked than other citizens, that violence in jail is totally socially acceptable, that violence in jail is less morally wrong than in the civilian world, and that the public is LESS SYMPATHETIC TO PEOPLE THAT GET ATTACKED IN JAIL BECAUSE THEY ARE PRISONERS??? wtf. MORAL EXCLUSION.


As my class annalyzed their results for the first time today, most did not have significant results (it's like christmas, you enter all of your data and then click a few things to annalyze and get results and it just POPS UP WHAT IT MEANS). So my turn comes and I almost shut my eyes bc if it turns out no significance it was all a waste of time and I have to do this all over again. SO. Not only were my results significant they were THE MOST SIGNIFICANT YOU CAN GET. like bragging rights status. (.05 is the standard level of significance, and anything less is way better and mine was .0000000)!!!!!!

I could cry, it's so lame to say but this is a teeny dream come true. I want to like call my mom and tell her, but she wont really get it but still be proud as fuck. i cant believe i really did this. feels so good. I could do this forever, and I will be.


So much good stuff. This last week was so busy but amazing. Sean visited Brooklyn and we went to freezing coney island and the water was so cold I basically ran away when I touched it and then just ate cheezits on the beach and then bummed around all over the place and went to a record store and watched freaks walk by us 90% of the time. I love when I have visitors because I realize how amazing the place that I live really is.

April is me seeing my mom and dog and sister and finishing up my Junior year of school, getting ready for conference, getting my sleave half done, seeing alkaline trio and saves the day with lily and plenty of trips to philly, along with hanging with kathleen so hard until she leaves for the summer and I cry mostest.

I was reading an article in the NY Times and they actually found a chemical that helps erase specific memories eternal sunshine status. Would I do that? in a heartbeat, i'd erase a specific person and wouldnt even care what good memories went down the tubes with my memories of them because forgetting is the ultimate freedom, honestly.

I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY I'LL STOP AND GET BACK LATER I NEED A GRAPEFRUIT.

oh and ps. my FUCKING TAX RETURN WAS OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS THANK YOU U.S. GOVERNMENT, YOU JUST BOUGHT MY TATTOOS FOR THE WHOLE SUMMER.

No comments: